Who are Tchibo Coffee Service?
Tchibo is one of the largest coffee roasters in the world. We provide top quality coffee, coffee machines and service to companies all over the UK, so let’s just say we know a thing or two about coffee.
We’re a family run company founded in 1949 in Germany. Max Herz, a merchant from Hamburg and his business partner Carl Tchilling had the idea to sell roasted coffee to customers by mail – this was how Tchibo was born. They opened their first shop in Hamburg in 1955, where customers could sample a cup of coffee before buying a full packet.
In 1972 Tchibo Coffee Service was launched and by the 1990s the company had expanded into the UK, Hungary, Slovakia and Czech Republic.
In the UK we supply to the hotel, office, convenience, education, and leisure sectors, amongst others.
Our wide range of brands and coffee options
We have a diverse selection of brands, which include:
• Our heritage Tchibo brand that has been the number one coffee brand in Germany for decades
• Piacetto, an authentic Italian coffee which carries the Rainforest Alliance certificate
• Vista, a socially and environmentally responsible brand with Fairtrade certification
• The luxurious and sophisticated Davidoff Café
• Tea brands; Sir Henry and Pure (because Britain couldn’t function without a cuppa)
• Espresso Warehouse, which offers everything from hot chocolate and snacks to barista kit and coffee bar essentials
The UK also has its own exclusive triple certified coffee brand called Smokin’ Bean which offers premium self-serve café destinations designed for coffee lovers on the go. We’ll be talking more about Smokin’ Bean in the coming weeks so check back for more, but to whet your appetite in the meantime, visit smokinbean.co.uk or our Instagram.
What kinds of coffee machines do Tchibo Coffee Service provide?
Tchibo Coffee Service are proud to offer an incredible range of commercial coffee machines – including exclusivity to supply Carimali in the UK! We have a wide variety, from traditional barista machines and bean-to-cup machines to filter, capsule and instant coffee machines. All offer a choice of different coffees – premium quality of course, but you already knew that.
Great service and support
It doesn’t just stop at delicious coffee and state of the art machinery; Tchibo Coffee Service is all about providing great service and support. We offer trials of certain machines and you can sample the coffee yourself; we’ll come to you or you can visit our showroom in Surrey (we also have a swanky new Smokin’ Bean café at our head office which we like to show off!).
We have field service engineers available should your machine break down. For major technical faults we can send someone out to fix the machine within 8 working hours. We couldn’t bear the thought of anyone being without coffee for too long.
For our traditional machines, we provide full barista training for your staff. They’ll be latte art experts in no time.
Five things you probably didn’t know about Tchibo…
- It’s pronounced CHEE-BO.
- The name comes from an abbreviation of (Carl) Tchilling and Bohnen, which means bean in German.
- Every Tchibo Coffee Service UK employee is trained to be a barista when they join the company.
- Tchibo aims to become a 100% sustainable business by 2025.
- All employees at Tchibo Coffee Service UK have their own KeepCup to reduce wastage.
If you want to know more, visit www.tchibo-coffee.co.uk. But enough about us, let’s hear from you!
Keep in touch
Tagged with: coffee • corporate • Tchibo